Woodside Board Okays Funding for Pluto LNG
The board of Woodside Petroleum Ltd. has approved commitments of up to A$1.4 billion for the Pluto liquefied natural gas development. The approval allows funding for site preparation and long lead items ahead of a final investment decision.
The board remains on schedule to consider a final investment decision on the Pluto development by mid-2007. The full expenditure of the above commitments remains dependent on this decision. The funding approval follows the satisfactory negotiation of arrangements with the Western Australian Government on the manner in which the state's recently released domestic gas policy would apply to Pluto.
Site preparation for the development will commence once Commonwealth environmental approval for these works is received. State environmental approval for site works has been granted.
The Pluto development is scheduled to begin supplying LNG to customers Kansai Electric and
Tokyo Gas by the end of 2010.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Tokyo Gas more info
- Centrica, Tokyo Gas Join Anadarko's Mozambique LNG Project as Buyers (Jun 15)
- Tokyo Gas Gets Bangladesh LNG Terminal Feasibility Study Contract (Jul 27)
- PetroVietnam Gas, Tokyo Gas May Establish LNG JV in Vietnam (Jul 11)