Deepwater Specialists to Provide Commissioning for Shenzi TLP
Deepwater Specialists Inc., a subsidiary of John Wood Group PLC, has been contracted by MODEC International LLC to provide commissioning planning and execution for the hull and topsides of the BHP Billiton Shenzi tension leg platform (TLP), which will be located in the Green Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 120 miles from the coast of Louisiana.
Commissioning will be executed at the fabrication yards in Okpo, South Korea, and Ingleside, Texas. DSI's proprietary Complete Certification Management System (CCMS) will be used to track all phases of construction mechanical completion and commissioning progress.
"Planning and executing cost-effective commissioning operations provides long-term value, including greater production up-time and increased equipment life," stated Chris Abrusley, director of operations for DSI. "We appreciate the opportunity to continue supporting MODEC and its clients with another project."
DSI recently provided commissioning management services to MODEC for the Okume Complex TLPs and assisted with the commissioning of the MODEC–owned and –operated CNR Baobab FPSO installed offshore Cote d'Ivoire.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $3.0bn sales, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide and operating in 44 countries. The Group has three businesses—Engineering & Production Facilities, Well Support, and Gas Turbine Services—providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide.
Deepwater Specialists Inc. ("DSI") provides facilities commissioning services to the international oil and gas industry, function checking and proving the integrity of all systems after construction is completed and prior to the introduction of hydrocarbons. DSI has commissioned 11 deepwater facilities since being founded in 1998.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Deepwater Specialists more info
- Deepwater Specialists Appoints New President (Oct 16)
- DSI to Provide Commissioning Services For 2 Fixed Drilling Platforms (Apr 09)
- Deepwater Specialists Promotes Lambert to EVP (Mar 29)