Sparrows & Partners Launch Integra DeckOps Safety Program for Shell
Sparrows Offshore and Sigma3 have partnered to develop a new safety program covering deck crane operations on all Shell's Northern installations in the UK North Sea.
The Integra program will see dedicated safety coaches deliver a specially-developed coaching and competence assessment package on board the installations. The program is designed to renew focus on basic safety practices with an emphasis on the team working skills between the crane operator, slinger and banksman who work together on every lift.
Our aim of assuring safe operations", says Ewen Kerr, Shell contract manager for Sparrows Offshore Services.
In order to ensure that the coaching maximizes relevance to the daily working experiences of delegates, the Sparrows safety coaches, George Stewart and Ernie Davidson have been selected from the Shell core crew personnel and the Sigma3 coaches have been selected from across the industry, bringing the necessary balance of experience in crane deck operations.
The Integra DeckOps Safety Program team is based at Sparrows Offshore's Bridge of Don offices in Aberdeen and is currently developing the coaching and assessment materials supporting the course. Offshore delivery commences in January 2007.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Sparrows Offshore Services more info
- Sparrows Group Partners with SapuraKencana in the Asian Pacific (Aug 24)
- Sparrows Snags Multi-Million Pound Contract with BP (Sep 08)
- Energy Cranes Names Doug Sedge as New CEO (Oct 14)