Tyrihans Field Contract for Fugro
Fugro Structural Monitoring, a division of Fugro Global Environmental & Ocean Sciences Ltd., has been awarded a contract from FMC Technologies to provide a riser management system for the completion/workover riser for Statoil's Tyrihans Field in the Norwegian North Sea.
Working in partnership with MCS, Fugro Structural Monitoring will supply its riser management system, IRIS-RMS, for the project's C/WO rig. Tyrihans is one of the biggest development projects on the Norwegian continental shelf in coming years, and due to come on stream in 2009.
"We are very pleased to win this second IRIS-RMS contract for a Norwegian field, and to be working with FMC Technologies, a company in the forefront of completion/workover riser technology," says Divisional Head, Alan Dougan. "The contract demonstrates that clients recognise that the IRIS-RMS system, and especially the automated riser analysis software, is technologically at the forefront, in this market."
Using the MCS Flexcom software, the Tyrihans IRIS-RMS will interface with the vessel's existing system providing data integration; proven predictive analysis, display, and archiving of riser related data.
Typically IRIS-RMS computes and displays the vessel envelope of operation and optimum rig location in prevailing metocean conditions. It monitors and records riser loads during operation, displays hot spot stresses within the riser and computes the top tension and tensioner/hook load tension split. It tracks the fatigue life of each joint in the riser, and records and displays riser stresses during unexpected/unplanned incidents. IRIS-RMS warns if the riser is being used beyond its design capacity.
Fugro Structural Monitoring is configuring, engineering and testing the system in its Glasgow offices. The equipment will then be installed and commissioned on site. This is the second Statoil project which has been supplied with an IRIS-RMS. It was also installed on the Snøhvit completion/workover riser. "This was commissioned in 2005, and has proven to be a valuable operational tool. A second sale to the same end client confirms that IRIS-RMS meets or exceeds the client's expectations," observes Alan Dougan.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)