J. Ray Wins Contract from Maersk Oil Qatar
McDermott International, Inc. said Monday that a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A. (J. Ray) was recently awarded a contract by Maersk Oil Qatar to engineer, procure, construct, and install two wellhead decks for the Block 5 Field Development Plan 2005 Project.
"We are pleased to be associated with Maersk on this key field development project for Qatar's expanding oil and gas market," said Bob Deason, President and Chief Operating Officer of J. Ray.
The two decks have a combined weight in excess of 4,800 metric tons and will be designed at J. Ray's Houston engineering office as well as at its regional headquarters in Jebel Ali, Dubai, where the structures will be fabricated in 2007 and installed in 2008.
McDermott International, Inc. is a leading worldwide energy services company. McDermott subsidiaries provide engineering, construction, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management and facility management services to a variety of customers in the power and energy industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)