ICA Fluor Signs Contract to Build Living Quarters Module for Pemex
ICA Fluor, the industrial engineering company jointly owned by Fluor Corp. and Empresas ICA, on Monday announced a US$90 million contract for modular construction of offshore living quarters for Pemex Exploration and Production.
The quarters can house up to 150 people and will be built in Veracruz State, Mexico. The facility will be located in the Gulf of Mexico to serve several offshore fields, such as Cantarell and Ku-Maloob-Zap.
The US$90 million contract was awarded to ICA Fluor's subsidiary Industria del Hierro (IH) through an international public bidding process. IH is dedicated to the construction of offshore platforms and modules. The contract will be booked in fourth quarter 2006 and the value will be split evenly between Fluor and Empresas ICA.
Construction is slated to begin in February 2007. The contract is expected to be completed by June 2008. The project involves engineering, procurement, construction, load out and seabed fastening as well as dismantling and transportation of the existing offshore facilities.
Pemex Exploration and Production is a subsidiary of Pemex, Mexico's state-owned integrated oil and gas company. Industria del Hierro's Mata Redonda yard in Veracruz State, Mexico, is the fabrication site.
ICA Fluor is the leading industrial engineering company in Mexico, dedicated to the engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance of industrial facilities in the oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, automotive, electricity, mining and telecommunication industries.
Empresas ICA was founded in 1947. ICA's principal lines of business are construction and engineering; housing; and infrastructure operations, including airports, toll roads, and municipal services.
Irving, Texas-based Fluor Corp. provides services on a global basis in the fields of engineering, procurement, construction, operations, and maintenance and project management.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Fluor Corporation more info
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)
Company: Empresas ICA more info
- KS Energy, ICA Agree to Form JV for Drilling Services in Mexico (Oct 08)
- Mexico's Pemex to Fine Weatherford for Oil Drilling Delays (Jan 16)
- ICA Fluor Signs Contract to Build Living Quarters Module for Pemex (Dec 04)