Ministry Approves E&P Contracts; Perupetro to Tender 18 Blocks
Peru's energy and mines ministry has approved the signing of three new contracts for blocks 116, 125 and 128 in the Peruvian jungle, local press reported.
A contract for block 116 will be signed with the Peruvian subsidiary of French oil company Hocol, block 125 will be signed with US firm Barrett Resources' local subsidiary and block 128 will be signed with the local subsidiary of Canadian oil company Gran Tierra (Nasdaq: GTRE).
The blocks will require combined US$50mn investment over the next five years.
The contracts will bring the number of contracts signed this year up to 16, one more than was signed in 2005.
Increasing interest in Peruvian E&P has led Peru's state hydrocarbons promotions agency Perupetro to change its policy for awarding E&P contracts.
Currently, companies interested in Peruvian blocks present their request to Perupetro and begin contract negotiations. This year, however, several companies were interested in each block, so Perupetro has decided to tender upcoming blocks.
Perupetro will tender 18 blocks in the first half of 2007, Perupetro president Daniel Saba said.
Perupetro will carry out a road show in Houston in January to promote the 18 areas.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Hocol, Total Find Gas Condensate Field Onshore Colombia (Jun 03)
- Maurel & Prom Inks Final Agreement for Sale of Hocol Colombia (May 28)
- Talisman Confirms Gas Condensate Discovery Onshore Colombia (May 20)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)
Company: Gran Tierra Energy more info
- Gran Tierra Receives 'Outperform' Rating After Revealing Exploration Plans (Jun 15)
- Gran Tierra Energy Reveals $38.6 Million Net Loss (Aug 05)
- Gran Tierra Touts Record Production in Colombia (Apr 17)