Hydro Partner in Three New Licenses Offshore Brazil
In the 8th Bid Round for offshore Brazil, Hydro was awarded three blocks in the Santos Basin.
Hydro was bidding together with Petrobras and Repsol. Each of these companies has one operator block: S-M 1105, 1109 and 1233.
Hydro is the operator of S-M 1233 with a 40 percent working interest. In the other two blocks the company has a 30 percent working interest.
Each of the blocks covers 720 square kilometers, located about 200 kilometers off Sao Paulo at water depths from 1,000 to 2,000 meters.
Hydro has a long-term interest in Brazilian offshore activities and recently opened a new office in Rio.
Hydro is already active in Brazil with a 50 percent interest in the Peregrino field, where the company is operator during the project development phase.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)