Sibir-Shell JV Reaches Production Milestone
Sibir's 50:50 joint venture with Shell in the Salym group of fields in western Siberia, Salym Petroleum Development NV (SPD), reported that the total crude oil production rate at the fields has passed 60,000 barrels per day (bpd).
The new SPD production record brings Sibir's 50% share of production at Salym to over 30,000 bpd. Combined with production from Sibir subsidiary, Magma at the Yuzhnoye fields in western Siberia, Sibir's total daily production now exceeds 37,500 bpd.
Commenting on the announcement, Sibir CEO, Henry Cameron said, "Having already
announced record production just one week ago, we are pleased to see SPD hit the
60,000 bbl milestone one month ahead of schedule. With 162 wells drilled and
only 101 of those on stream it can be seen that production is gathering
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)