Seabird Completes 2D Survey Offshore Sicily for Northern
Northern Petroleum Plc, the oil and gas production, development and exploration company with core interests under its management in the Netherlands, Italy and the United Kingdom, reported the completion of a 1500km 2D seismic program across the offshore Sicily blocks C.R146.NP, C.R147.NP, G.R17.NP, G.R18.NP and G.R19.NP, operated by Northern. This program fulfils all seismic commitments on these permits.
This survey was acquired on behalf of Northern by Seabird Exploration ME FZ LLC using the M/V Northern Explorer.
Derek Musgrove, Managing Director of Northern, commented:
"We are very pleased to have completed this survey ahead of schedule and anticipate that it will come in under budget.
"We would like to thank Seabird Exploration and the crew of the M/V Northern Explorer for their professionalism, which has been a major factor in the success of this survey.
"Early results look very promising and appear to confirm the predicted potential of these licenses. We will use these data to demonstrate the prospectivity of our permits at various UK and international industry prospect fairs in the next three months, with a view to farming out at an early date and with intent to drill in 2007 and 2008.
"The acquisition of these data now clearly demonstrates Northern's operational
capabilities in Italy, and we would like to thank all the relevant government
authorities for their co-operation and assistance in making this survey
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: SeaBird Exploration more info
- SeaBird Exploration, Lundin Design 2D Survey Over Barents Sea (Sep 09)
- SeaBird Exploration to Stack Munin Explorer Vessel (Aug 06)
- SeaBird Warns of Continued Weakness in the Seismic Market (Feb 27)