Petrofac Wins Gas Plant Contract in Egypt
Petrofac, the international oil & gas facilities service provider, has been awarded an additional lump sum engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) scope by Khalda Petroleum Company (KPC) to build its fourth gas processing train at Salam area in Egypt's Western Desert. This second consecutive train, awarded to Petrofac by KPC during November, increases the Khalda contract from US$200 million to a total of US$375 million. KPC is the joint venture company between Apache Corporation and Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).
The project, scheduled for completion by the end of 2008, will also be utilizing the services and expertise of local construction and fabrication company Petrojet. The project scope covers the execution of project management, detailed design, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, performance testing and initial operations. KPC will be adding this fourth gas processing train to its existing and recently awarded similar gas facilities in the Salam area, to process gas produced from its new discoveries.
Commenting on the award, Maroun Semaan, chief executive, Petrofac Engineering & Construction said: "We are proud to receive this successive award from KPC which further consolidates our position in the Egyptian market. This award is also significant in reinforcing Petrofac's position in its core gas plant business and we look forward to working with KPC towards successful project delivery."
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Iraq And Petrofac Sign $369MM Deal To Build Majnoon Crude-Processing Plant (Aug 13)
- Petrofac To Sell 49% Of Mexican Operations (Jul 30)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: EGPC more info
- KUFPEC Inks Exploration Agreement for Pakistan's Paharpur Block (Mar 16)
- Egypt Awards Oil and Gas Exploration Blocks (Sep 19)
- Ministry: Egypt Names New Chairman of State Oil Company (Aug 22)