Apache to Build Fourth Gas Processing Train at Salam Plant
Apache Corporation said that the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) and Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS) have approved construction of a fourth processing train at the Salam natural gas plant on Apache's Khalda Concession in Egypt's Western Desert.
The additional processing train, combined with the recently approved third train, will increase the capacity to process gas from Apache's Jurassic formation gas reserves to 710 million cubic feet (MMcf) of gas and 66,000 barrels of condensate per day, including access to processing capacity at Shell's Obaiyed plant. The expansions are scheduled to be completed before the end of 2008.
Current gross production from Apache's Jurassic fields is 512 MMcf of gas and 18,200 barrels of condensate per day, the limit of existing processing facilities. Apache's current net production from the fields is 224 MMcf of gas and 8,000 barrels of liquid hydrocarbons per day.
Apache has awarded contracts totaling $375 million to Petrofac Limited to construct the third and fourth trains. Each of the new facilities will have capacity to process 100 MMcf of sales gas and 14,000 barrels of sales condensate per day.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: EGAS more info
- Egypt Launches Tender for Third Floating Regasification Unit (Jun 29)
- BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development (Nov 05)
- Egypt Awards 4 Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Licences (Oct 06)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)