Longford to Drill a Second Horizontal CBM Well at Barrhead
Longford Corporation reported that it has commenced drilling operations of a second horizontal Mannville Coal Bed Methane (CBM) well near Barrhead Alberta.
The Ensign #319 rig has been contracted to drill a horizontal CBM well at GNCOURTE 9-12-59-6W5. This well will be drilled in partnership with Nexen Inc. to a vertical depth of 1150 meters and with a single horizontal lateral of approximately 1150 meters. Longford has also applied to the Alberta Energy & Utilities Board for increased downspacing in the Barrhead area and plans to drill additional horizontal laterals on this location upon receipt of approval.
This well is adjacent to GNCOURTE 13-11-59-6W5 which was drilled in June 2006. Core data from adjacent sections and initial production data from the 13-11-59-6W5 well appear similar to the nearby Corbett Creek CBM project. Both Barrhead wells should be on test during January 2007.
Longford has accumulated the rights to 22,404 gross (10,820 net) acres of land in the Barrhead area. These properties are located in the vicinity of the Corbett Creek CBM project where horizontal well technology has been used to commercially develop Mannville CBM production.
Longford Corporation is a Canadian oil and gas exploration company focused on exploring for and developing North American oil and gas assets It currently has two CBM projects in Barrhead Alberta and Moundville Alabama.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Alberta Energy & Utilities Board more info
- Suncor to Service Leak on Oil Sands Pipeline (Jul 17)
- Regulators Give Nod to Imperial's Kearl Oil Sands Project (Feb 28)
- Husky's Net Profit Bulks Up (Feb 06)
Company: Longford Corporation more info
- Longford to Serve as Operator of Kurdistan Block (Mar 15)
- Longford Energy Issues $15MM Underwritten Private Placement (Jun 18)
- Longford Issues $3 Million Private Placement (Feb 13)