RDS Moves Office to Central London
RDS, the international drilling systems design and engineering services provider has moved its London office to newly refurbished premises in the heart of the city. The move to Old Street, London EC1V, from Colliers Wood in southwest London, signals an increase in business from international clients, which has necessitated relocating to central London offices more easily accessible via air and rail links.
Malcolm Ward, General Manager, RDS said: "In the last few months we have received a number of new contract awards for FEED (Front End Engineering Design) studies, including one from CPC Taiwan through Technip for a new fixed platform drilling facility, another for two new offshore platforms in Brazil, and another for a drilling facility to be installed on a new FPSO for MPF Corporation, Norway.
"These contract awards and other potential new international business in the pipeline, mean that there is a lot of movement of personnel between our London office and client offices overseas. Our new offices are much closer to the main railway/airport links, making it much more convenient for visiting clients and RDS personnel traveling to overseas offices.
"The quality of the work space, environment and location of the new premises also means we are in a better position to recruit high-caliber engineering staff to add to our existing engineering workforce as part of our growth plans."
RDS is a Division of KCA DEUTAG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Abbot Group plc. KCA DEUTAG is the leading offshore platform drilling contractor in the North Sea and the Caspian Region, and the leading western land drilling contractor in Russia and Libya. It is one of the largest international land drilling contractors outside the Americas, and a world leader in drilling rig design, engineering, construction and operation. KCA DEUTAG employs over 5,000 people and operates in over 20 countries.
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: MPF Corp. more info
- Analysis: Deepwater, Ultra-Deepwater Newbuilds for 2009 and Beyond (Mar 30)
- MPF-01 Vessel with FPSO Capability Up for Grabs (Oct 27)
- MPF Corp Files for Insolvency (Sep 25)
Company: CPC Taiwan more info
- Taiwan's CPC Plans $6.6B Investment In East India Petchem Plant (Jul 31)
- Taiwan Orders CPC To Partially Halt Talin Refinery After Fire (Mar 12)
- China CEFC Acquires Stake In Chad Oil Blocks From Taiwan's CPC (Sep 13)