ARC Energy Spuds Lyginia 1
ARC Energy reports that operations at the Lyginia 1 well, located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L1, have begun using the Century 18 drilling rig.
Lyginia 1 is located approximately 13 kilometers southeast of the township of Dongara. The primary target is the Late Permian Dongara Sandstone, the main oil-producing reservoir in the Jingemia, Hovea and Eremia oil fields.
Lyginia 1 is designed to penetrate the highest point on an anticlinal structure at the Dongara Sandstone level. The well will be drilled directionally and is prognosed to intersect the top of the Dongara Sandstone at approximately 2,215 meters measured depth, approximately 146 meters southwest of the surface location.
The well has a planned total depth of approximately 2,325 meters measured depth and is expected to take 17 days to drill and complete.
Participants in L1 and Lyginia 1 are ARC Energy as operator with 505 and Origin Energy with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)