Bricklanding-1 Exploration Well Spudded
Tap Oil reports that the Bricklanding-1 exploration well has been spud. The well is located in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia in TP/7 (Part 3) and is being drilling by the Ensco 67.
Bricklanding-1 is a vertical well to a Calypso Sandstone objective and then deviated to a North Rankin Sandstone objective. The proposed total depth of the well is approximately 3,000 meters.
Bricklanding-1 will test a significant low side fault closure against the Flinders fault. Mapped on 3D seismic data, closure is identified at the Late Jurassic Calypso and the Early Jurassic North Rankin objectives.
Bricklanding-1 is expected to take approximately 25 days to drill. TP/7 Participants:
Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd 12.474%
Apache Oil Australia Pty Ltd (Operator) 20.000%
Santos (BOL) Pty Ltd (Technical Operator) 63.369%
Pan Pacific Petroleum (SA) Pty Ltd 4.157%
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)