Acergy Wins Pipelay Contract in Norway
Acergy S.A. has been awarded a contract by ConocoPhillips for the installation of an oil transportation pipeline between the Ekofisk and Eldfisk platforms in the Norwegian section of the North Sea.
The contract, valued at approximately $60 million, is for the installation and tie-in of a 9.4 kilometer, 24 inch diameter pipeline. The installation will be undertaken by the Acergy Piper commencing in November 2006 with the tie-in work scheduled for the third quarter of 2007 by the Acergy Osprey.
Oeyvind Mikaelsen, Vice President Acergy Northern Europe and Canada, said "This award is perfectly suited to the superior winter working capabilities of the Acergy Piper. It gets our fiscal 2007 pipelay program off to a good start and is a good fit between the completion of the Langeled pipeline and the Tyrihans pipelay that is scheduled for the second quarter of the year."
Acergy S.A. is a seabed-to-surface engineering and construction contractor for the offshore oil and gas industry worldwide. We plan, design and deliver complex, integrated projects in harsh and challenging environments. We operate internationally as one group -- globally aware and locally sensitive, sharing our expertise and experience to create innovative solutions. We are more than solution providers, we are solution partners -- ready to make long-term investments in our people, assets, know-how and relationships in support of our clients.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)