BG Taps Acergy for Miskar Construction
Acergy S.A. has been awarded a contract by BG Tunisia Ltd for construction work on the Miskar field offshore Tunisia.
The contract, valued at approximately $65 million, is for the installation, tie-in and commissioning of two 3-kilometer 10-inch diameter pipelines, together with a well control umbilical and riser, to tie back three subsea wells to the Miskar A platform. Offshore installation is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2007. The project is being undertaken by Acergy Northern Europe and Canada.
Oeyvind Mikaelsen, Vice President Acergy Northern Europe and Canada, said, "We welcome this award from BG Tunisia. The Miskar tie-back contract is very similar to the type of work that we undertake regularly in the North Sea and fits well with our pipelay schedule for 2007 which is filling up quickly."
Acergy S.A. is a seabed-to-surface engineering and construction contractor for the offshore oil and gas industry worldwide.
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)