Indago Reports Promising Test Results Offshore Oman
Indago Petroleum, which operates in Oman and the UAE, said that that its subsidiary Indago Oman Limited (IOL) has successfully flowed hydrocarbons from the Misrif formation, the primary target of the West Bukha-2A (WB2A) well located in Block 8. Indago is operator of Block 8 with 40% interest. Other companies in the joint venture include Eagle Energy (Oman) Limited (10%) and LG International (50%).
The flowing test was being carried out over a perforated interval of 60m spanning a depth from 4005m to 4127.5m (MDRKB). After acidization and an initial clean-up period, the well flowed at a average rate over 5 hours of 6000 bbls/d of 41.5o API oil and 16.9 mmscf/d of gas on a choke size of 48/64" and flowing tubing pressure of 2980 psia. On increasing the choke size to 60/64" the rates increased to approximately 7600 bbls/d and 20.5 mmscf/d with a flowing tubing pressure of around 2450 psia. We are currently pulling the out the test equipment from the well, and depending on analysis of the results, including the downhole pressure data, the joint venture will decide whether to carry out further testing.
The main objective in drilling this well was to prove the commerciality of the Mishrif-Mauddud reservoir in the West Bukha field, which had been assigned a 2P reserve base of 320 Bscf plus 33 million bbls of associated liquid hydrocarbons by an independent auditor. Indago now plans to commission a revised reserve audit incorporating the results of this latest well.
Peter Sadler, CEO of Indago Petroleum commented:
"We are delighted to have achieved such a strong oil and gas flow from our primary objective and this is a credit to our technical and operational team. These flows when combined with the 4392 bbbl/s from the secondary target, lead us to be very confident that a significant resource is being established by the results of this well."
- RAK Acquires Eagle Energy, Increases Interest in West Bukha Field (Apr 08)
- RIK Gas Sale Grosses $1B in Total Revenues (Mar 27)
- Indago Reports Offshore Oman Success (Jan 05)
Company: Indago Petroleum more info
- RAK Acquires Oman Assets from Indago Petroleum (Apr 13)
- Oman JV Settles Insurance Claim for Jebel Hafit Blowout (Feb 23)
- Apexindo's Rani Woro Jackup Records Significant Safety Performance (Feb 10)
Company: LG International more info
- LGI Secures Foothold in South American Oil Blocks (Mar 19)
- Petrofac Inks Lucrative Turkmen Natural Gas Deal (Dec 30)
- West Bukha Delivers First Oil Offshore Oman (Feb 18)