South Gibson-1 to be Plugged & Abandoned
Tap Oil says that the South Gibson-1 exploration well in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia will be plugged and abandoned. South Gibson-1 is a deviated well drilled to a Flag Sandstone target approximately 1 kilometer east of the Gibson/South Plato production platform.
Thee well had drilled ahead to the planned total depth. The Flag Sandstone reservoir has been intersected, and is interpreted to contain an oil column of less than 2 meters.
While the South Gibson-1 well has been drilled very efficiently, the volume of oil associated with a 2 meter column is too small to warrant commercial development.
The rig is now scheduled to leave the Harriet Joint Venture to drill Bricklanding-1 in TP/7, where Tap is also a participant.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; Tap with 12.2229% and Kufpec with the remaining 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)