Eastern Drilling Firms Up West E-drill Contract
Eastern Drilling confirms that Total E&P Norge has signed the award for the long-term contract to utilize West E-drill on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The contract includes a three year assignment with the option for the operator to extend the contract to five years. Estimated contract value for the three year period is approximately US $558 million, including compensation for mobilization. Total has the right to extend the contract to a 5 year firm period, in which case the total contract value is approximately US $900 million.
West E-drill is currently under construction at the Samsung Shipyard in South Korea and is scheduled to commence operations in Norway in the second quarter 2008.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Eastern Drilling ASA more info
- Eastern Drilling Moves to Delist from Oslo Exchange (Jun 08)
- Seadrill Now Controls Nearly All Eastern Shares, Votes (May 21)
- Seadrill Ups Stake in Eastern Drilling (May 16)