WaGE Meets Major Milestones
Petrofac Brownfield has safely and successfully installed the Wood and Gas Export (WaGE) module onto Talisman Energy (UK) Limited's Montrose platform.
The team at Petrofac Brownfield was created in January 2005 to complement the company's integrated oil & gas service provider offering. Petrofac secured the WaGE project in the same year to develop the Wood oil field and export associated gas to the central area transmission system (CATS). Associated gas from the Montrose platform, which is currently being flared will, in the future, also be compressed and exported using the new facilities.
Petrofac Brownfield is managing and completing a scope, which includes the 1,200 tonne compression module, 45,000 man hours of onshore work and 75,000 hours of offshore work.
The WaGE module was mechanically completed and loaded onto the Smit Anambas barge at HSM Steel Structure's yard in Schiedam, Holland, and the Heerema Marine Contractors' Thialf heavy lift vessel successfully lifted it on to the platform on schedule.
Tony McKay, project manager, said: "Module mechanical completion and installation are major milestones on the project. They are the result of some tremendously hard work by all the team. The safe and successful hook up and installation of the module has been down to good design, planning and close coordination with all involved, both offshore and onshore."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)