Forest Oil Names Carroll as a Director
Forest Oil Corporation reported that Loren K. Carroll has been elected to the company's Board of Directors.
Carroll recently retired as president and chief executive officer of M-I SWACO and as executive vice president of Smith International, Inc. He serves as a director of Smith International, Inc., Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc., and as a director of Veritas DGC Inc. Carroll joined Smith International in December 1984 as vice president and chief financial officer. In January 1988 he was appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer of Smith International and served in that capacity until March 1989. Carroll then rejoined Smith International in 1992 as executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Forrest Hoglund, Forest's Chairman, stated: "We are excited that Mr. Carroll has joined our Board. He brings a broad range of service industry expertise and proven leadership. As we move the Company forward, his service industry insight will be a valuable contribution to the Board."
Forest Oil Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of natural gas and liquids in North America and selected international locations. Forest's principal reserves and producing properties are located in the United States in Alaska, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and Wyoming, and in Canada.
- Forest Oil to Put Texas Panhandle Properties Up For Sale (Jul 15)
- Forest Oil Partners with Schlumberger on Eagle Ford Shale Land (Apr 12)
- Forest Oil to Sell South Texas Assets Excluding Eagle Ford (Jan 03)
Company: Smith International, Inc. more info
- Schlumberger, Smith Offer to Repurchase up to $1.87B in Debt (Sep 22)
- Schlumberger Finalizes $11B Merger with Smith International (Aug 30)
- US Dept. of Justice OKs Schlumberger-Smith Merger (Jul 27)
Company: M-I Swaco more info
- Schlumberger Co. Acquires Idrabel Italia (Oct 01)
- Smith Int'l Confirms 2 Missing Employees (Apr 23)
- M-I SWACO to Service Chevron's Rigs Offshore Angola (Apr 15)