Thai Govt Plans to Award 22 New Petroleum Concessions in 2006
BANGKOK, Nov 13, 2006 (Dow Jones Newswires)
Thai Energy Minister Piyasvasti Amranand said Monday that the government plans to award up to 22 new petroleum concessions by the year-end.
In the latest bidding round between August 2005 and June 2006, 19 firms have submitted bids for 25 petroleum blocks comprising 13 onshore blocks, nine blocks in the Gulf of Thailand and three blocks in the Andaman. The government has so far granted concessions in three petroleum blocks.
Piyasvasti said the ministry will soon propose to the Cabinet to award the concessions of seven petroleum blocks to five operators that have already been granted approval by the ministry's Petroleum Committee.
APICO LLC and JSX Energy (Thailand) Ltd. are to get concessions for blocks L13/48 and L17/48, respectively. PTTEP Siam is to be granted rights for blocks L21/48, L28/48 and L29/48.
Syarikat Borcos Shipping Sdn. Bhd. and Occidental Exploration Pte. Ltd. are to be awarded concessions for block G1/48, while Pearl Oil (Thailand) Ltd., Horizon Oil (Thailand) Ltd., and Tana Oil and Gas (Thailand) Ltd. are to get concessions for block G10/48 in the Gulf of Thailand.
Recently, the Petroleum Committee has approved the awarding of concessions of four new blocks to four operators.
Pan Orient Energy Corp. is approved for block L53/48, while Occidental Exploration Pte. Ltd. is approved for block G6/48. Pearl Oil Esarn and Northern Gulf Oil (Thailand) are approved for blocks G2/48 and G3/48, respectively.
The bids for the remaining 11 petroleum blocks are still under consideration of the Committee, which should make a decision by the end of 2006, said Piyasvasti.
Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Occidental Wants to Keep Rigs Running amid Oil Price Drop (Dec 14)
- Exxon, Chevron and Occidental Join Oil and Gas Climate Group (Sep 20)
- Permian Producer Occidental Raises CAPEX Budget, Investors Balk (Aug 09)
Company: Pan Orient Energy more info
- POE Finds Gas, Condensate at Akeh-1 Well in Sumatra's Batu Gajah PSC (Oct 21)
- POE Prepares for Testing Ops at Onshore Akeh-1 Exploration Well in Sumatra (Sep 28)
- POE Provides Prospective Resource Report for Sumatra's East Jabung PSC (Aug 05)