Sevan Set to Launch Bond Issue on Monday
Sevan Drilling AS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sevan Marine ASA, has retained Pareto Securities ASA and SEB Merchant Banking to advise on a contemplated bond issue directed toward professional Norwegian and international investors.
The bond issue is intended to be in the range of up to NOK 1 billion. The proceeds from the issue will be used to part-finance the construction of the Sevan Driller. The subscription period is expected to start November 13, 2006.
On October 25, 2006, Sevan Marine announced that a contract had been entered into between Petrobras America Inc. and Sevan Drilling Pte. Ltd, for the provision of a newbuild deepwater drilling unit, the Sevan Driller, for the US Gulf of Mexico. The drilling contract has a duration of six years and is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2009. Revenues which could be generated over the six year period are approximately USD 880 million, including a bonus arrangement and mobilization fee.
The Sevan Driller is currently under construction and the detailed engineering has been underway since March 2006. The rig is designed to include the most advanced drilling capabilities in the industry, based on Sevan's own patented technology. It will have a capacity of drilling of wells up to 40,000 feet in water depths of up to 10,000 feet, a variable deckload of more than 15,000 metric tons and high storage capacity of bulk materials. The rig will be equipped with an internal storage capacity of up to 150,000 barrels of oil.
Sevan Marine ASA is a Norwegian company listed on Oslo Bors with its own unique
technology for floating production, storage and drilling. Sevan's technology is developed for
applications in offshore oil and gas field developments. The cylindrical hull form has a
significant competitive edge when compared to traditional type floaters. Sevan Marine has
offices in Tananger, Arendal and Stjordal, Norway; Singapore and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)