Providence Completes Surveys Offshore Ireland
Providence Resources P.l.c. reported the successful conclusion of its seismic acquisition program in the Celtic Sea and St. Georges Channel area, offshore Ireland. The program, first announced on 15 September, 2006 was carried out by Gardline Surveys Limited utilizing the MV Sea Surveyor. In total, approximately 1,000 kms of high quality data was acquired in the period 10 October 2006 through to 6 November 2006.
Specifically, 286 kms of 2-D data was acquired over Pegasus, a large exploration structure in the St. Georges Channel, 369 kms of 3-D data was acquired over the Ardmore gas discovery and 279 kms over the Hook Head oil and gas discovery. As announced on 26 October 2006, Ocean Bottom Seismic (OBS) was successfully deployed over the Blackrock oil discovery.
Commenting on the announcement, Tony O'Reilly Jnr, Chief Executive of Providence Resources P.l.c. said:
"This successfully concludes Providence's major seismic acquisition program offshore Ireland in 2006.
"Providence and its partners have now acquired a total of over 3,000 kms of high quality seismic data over the 4 operational areas of Dunquin, Goban Spur, the Celtic Sea and the St. Georges Channel area.
"The seismic data is being processed and reviewed. The results will provide us with additional information and allow us to finalise the Company's 2007 operational activities, including drilling."
- Providence Expects to Drill Druid Prospect in Summer 2017 (Sep 15)
- Newgrange Prospect Could Hold 13.6 Tcf of Gas (Jul 12)
- Providence Offered LO 16/27 Offshore Ireland (Jun 23)
Company: Gardline Surveys Limited more info
- Blom, Gardline Collaboration Charts New Waters for Coastal Mapping (May 18)
- Searcher, Partners Wrap Up Exmouth West 2D Seismic Survey (Aug 27)
- Providence Completes Surveys Offshore Ireland (Nov 08)