Ward Joins INTEC as Technical Advisor
E.G. (Skip) Ward has joined INTEC Engineering on a part-time basis as a Technical Advisor. One of his initial tasks will be to develop and manage a research project to improve the understanding of vortex induced high mode vibration causing fatigue damage to deepwater steel catenary risers (SCR). The project will include the use of full scale pipe string for the measurement of vortex-induced vibrations on a long simulated SCR in deepwater. The data will be used to improve SCR fatigue design predictions. The measurements will be supported by Heerema Marine Contractors who will furnish the vessel from which offshore measurements will be made.
Skip will continue to serve as an Associate Director of the Offshore Technology Research Center (OTRC) on a part-time basis. The OTRC is headquartered at Texas A&M University, and conducts research projects there and at the University of Texas to develop technology for deepwater oil and gas development. He joined the OTRC in 1998 following his retirement from Shell. Skip had 30-years of experience with Shell including research, managing deepwater and Arctic technology development and application, and managing a design engineering group for deepwater structures. He has also been active with the API's activities to develop and maintain Recommended Practices for the offshore industry, and the Marine Board. Skip received his MS and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Houston.
INTEC Engineering is a engineering and project management company serving the international oil and gas industry. Its technical disciplines include marine pipelines and risers, subsea systems, systems engineering, flow assurance, floating systems, LNG terminals and marine installation management. INTEC is a division of the Heerema Group.
Established in 1984, INTEC has 450 employees worldwide with offices on five continents, including its headquarters in Houston, as well as Woking, England; Delft, The Netherlands; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Perth, Australia; Mexico City; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Intec Engineering more info
- INTEC, WorleyParsons Merge into New Subsea Services Company (Aug 07)
- Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot (Jul 23)
- WorleyParsons To Acquire INTEC Engineering From Heerema Group (Apr 01)
Company: Hereema Marine Contractors more info
- Schlumberger Supplies Subsea System to HMC Offshore Angola (Nov 23)
- Dockwise's Owners Agree to 3i Buyout (Dec 26)
- Ward Joins INTEC as Technical Advisor (Nov 08)