VAALCO Signs Deal for Angola Block
VAALCO Energy, Inc. said Tuesday that the official signing of the Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) for Block 05/06 offshore Angola occurred on November 2, 2006 in Luanda, Angola.
VAALCO has a 40% interest in the block, and will be the operator of the concession for its partners Interoil Exploration & Production ASA (40%) and Sonangol (20%).
Block 5 covers an offshore area of approximately 1.4 million acres. During the 1980's and 1990's twelve wells were drilled on the block with at least five successfully discovering hydrocarbons, though none of the discoveries were developed at that time. A 3D survey has been shot and VAALCO and its partners are preparing to reprocess and interpret the data in anticipation of exploratory drilling in the later part of 2007 or early 2008.
In connection with the award of the block, VAALCO will pay a signing bonus of $10.5 million. The block has a term of four years during which two exploration wells must be drilled. A further three-year extension is available for a commitment of additional seismic work and two additional exploration wells.
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)
Company: Interoil Exploration & Production ASA more info
- Interoil Mulls Share Placing to Fund Colombia Field Development (Mar 06)
- InterOil Farms Out Two Blocks in Colombia (Mar 02)
- InterOil Reports $24M Operating Profit for 4Q 2011 (Feb 20)