Chevron Begins Production from Landana Field
Chevron's subsidiary Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. has commenced crude oil production from the Landana North reservoir in the Tombua-Landana development area.
First oil from Tombua-Landana was achieved on June 20, 2006, from the Landana North #1 subsea well that is tied back to the Benguela Belize -- Lobito Tomboco (BBLT) compliant piled tower. This tieback to BBLT allows early production as well as the gathering of important reservoir information.
The Tombua-Landana development, recently approved by the Block 14 contractor group and the government of Angola, will be Chevron's third operated deepwater development offshore Angola. The 46-well project, located 50 miles (80 kilometers) offshore in more than 1,200 feet (369 meters) of water, will employ a compliant piled tower with one subsea center. The projected peak production from the completed development is approximately 100,000 barrels per day by 2010.
"The exploration and production assets in Chevron's Angola portfolio are of great importance to the company's growth strategy," said John Watson, president of Chevron International Exploration and Production Co. "Tombua-Landana is among more than a dozen major capital projects the company is developing in the nation."
"This milestone underscores the continued success of new developments and production growth in Block 14," said Jim Blackwell, Chevron's managing director of the Southern Africa strategic business unit.
Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. is the operator of the Block 14 contractor group, which comprises the following companies:
Cabinda Gulf Oil Co. Ltd. (31 percent)
Sonangol Pesquisa e Producao, SARL (20 percent)
ENI Angola Exploration BV (20 percent)
Total E&P Angola (20 percent)
GALP-Exploracao e Producao (9 percent)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
- Total to Start Crude Exports From New Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 20)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp To Start Drilling Exploration Well Offshore Portugal (Jul 02)
- Galp Says Little Impact From Portuguese Refineries Strike (Jun 14)
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)