Harriet JV Spuds Gobi-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil Limited reports that operations at the Gobi-1 exploration well commenced. The well is located in Production License TL/1 and is being drilled from the Gibson/South Plato Platform. Gobi-1 will be drilled as a deviated well to a target depth of approximately 3500 meters measured depth, approximately 2.5 kilometers southeast of the production platform.
The Gobi-1 well is designed to test a four-way dip closed drape structure within the Flag Sandstone to the east of the Gibson/South Plato fields. In the success case the Gobi-1 exploration well will be completed and brought on production very quickly, as it is being drilled from an existing production platform.
The well is expected to take approximately 12 days to reach the proposed total depth.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
- Apache and Kayne Anderson Create $3.5B Pipeline Company in the Permian (Aug 09)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
- Kinder Morgan, EagleClaw and Apache Team Up for $2B Permian Pipeline (Jun 26)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)