Teton Adds D.J. Basin Acreage
Teton Energy Corporation said that it has purchased additional leasehold interest in the Denver-Julesburg Basin. Teton entered into an agreement with an undisclosed third party to acquire approximately 56,000 gross acres, 42,000 net acres, of which a significant portion lies within Chase and Dundy Counties, Nebraska.
The terms of the purchase were not disclosed. Approximately 33,600 net acres (80 percent) lie within the Noble Energy, Inc. and Teton Energy Area of Mutual Interest ("AMI") and will be offered to Noble Energy under the terms of the AMI. Approximately 8,400 net acres (20 percent) are outside the AMI and are currently held with a 100 percent working interest net to Teton. The agreement is expected to close by December 15, 2006 and is subject to standard due diligence.
"This acquisition represents another opportunity to add prospective acreage to our eastern D.J. Basin pilot program which is currently under evaluation," stated Rich Bosher, Vice President of Business Development.
Teton Energy Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company based in Denver, Colorado. Teton is focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of North American properties and has current operations in the Rocky Mountain region of the U.S.
- Noble Energy Gives In to Permian and Transport Challenges, Shares Fall (Aug 03)
- Israel, Egypt Gas Partners Near Deal to Control EMG Pipeline (Jun 14)
- Noble Energy's Sales Volume Forecast Disappoints, Shares Slide (May 01)
Company: Teton Energy more info
- American Oil & Gas Increases Ownership in Bakken Acreage (Jul 20)
- Teton Energy Makes 2 Executive Appointments (Jul 06)
- Puckett Land Co Nixes Purchase Agreement for Piceance Basin Assets (Jun 01)