SBM Wins Lease Contract from Shell
SBM Offshore N.V. announced that the Company has recently received a number of orders as follows:
The Company has signed a contract with Shell on behalf of themselves and their partners Petrobras and ONGC for the lease and operation of an FPSO for the development of the BC-10 field offshore Brazil.
The FPSO, based on the conversion of a VLCC hull from the Company inventory, will have the capacity to process 100,000 barrels of oil and inject up to 75,000 barrels of water per day back into the reservoir. The unit, equipped with turbines able to generate 60 MW of electrical power for operating the facilities, will be installed in a water depth of 1,780 meters.
It is the intention of SBM to execute the contract in Joint Venture with Malaysia International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC). Discussions between the two parties are in progress. MISC and SBM are also partners in the FPSO Brasil, under lease with Petrobras on the Roncador field, and in the Kikeh FPSO for Murphy, currently under construction in Malaysia.
The initial firm commitment of Shell under the contract is for a period of fifteen years, commencing in late 2008 / early 2009. There are provisions for further extensions up to five years.
In the course of October the Company secured several contracts for offshore contracting services ensuring full occupation of the installation vessels 'Dynamic Installer' and 'Normand Installer' until the middle of 2007.
The cumulative portfolio value of these orders is in excess of 850 million US Dollars. For the FPSO lease this figure includes only the SBM share of the lease revenues.
The Dutch public company SBM Offshore N.V. is the holding company of a group of international, marine technology orientated companies. Its business is to serve on a global basis the offshore oil and gas industry by supplying engineered products, vessels and systems, and offshore oil and gas production services.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
Company: Malaysia International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC) more info
- MISC's MaMPU1 to Commence Ops at Vestigo's Anjung Kecil Field Off Sarawak (Sep 30)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
- MOFT Bags $230M FSO Deal for Chevron's Benchamas 2 Project off Thailand (Aug 24)