Karoon Signs Contract with Century for Three-Well Gippsland Program
Karoon Gas Australia said that the drilling contract with Century Drilling has been signed for the three well program in the western on-shore Gippsland Basin. Commencing in the middle of November 2006. Karoon Gas 100% equity in the Exploration Licenses PEP 162 and EL 4537 exploration licenses.
Rig mobilization and site preparation has begun for the first of three wells with the Government approvals process progressing to plan.
Interpretation of the recent 250km 2D Seismic survey data has showed positive results with three prospects now worked up for drilling. Each prospect has a potential reserves capacity of around 3 million barrels of oil.
The entire program comprising the recently acquired 2D seismic and now the drilling program
follow up on the very encouraging oil shows seen in the 2004 Megascolides-1 well.
Initial economic screening has indicated that due to the close proximity of infrastructure, there
is a minimum economic reserves threshold of 500,000 barrels.
- Karoon Buys PEPC's 35% Stake in 4 Santos Basin Blocks in Brazil for $20.5M (Sep 28)
- PEPC Makes Overdue Payment to Karoon for Brazil's Santos Basin Blocks (Jun 16)
- Karoon Issues Default Notice to Santos Basin Block Partner PEPC (Jun 15)
Company: Century Drilling more info
- Karoon Signs Contract with Century for Three-Well Gippsland Program (Nov 06)
- Karoon Wraps Up 3D Seismic over Browse (Aug 08)