Pan Andean and Sterling Sign High Island Farm-out with Phoenix
Pan Andean Resources plc, the AIM listed oil and gas producer, and their partners Sterling Energy Inc. have signed a Farm-out Agreement on their High Island 52 Block with an American company, Phoenix Exploration Company LP (Phoenix). The High Island 52 Block is located in Federal Waters in the Gulf of Mexico.
Under the terms of the agreement Phoenix have the right to drill a test well within the next four months. If the well is successful, Pan Andean will retain a 2.15% Royalty Interest on production.
Pan Andean is currently earning in excess of US$ 100,000 per month from the Gryphon Royalty on the North-East quarter of the High Island 52 Block. This will not be affected by the Farm-out Agreement with Phoenix. Pan Andean and Sterling, who share the block 50:50 currently produce about 400,000 cubic feet of gas a day from one well.
Elsewhere in the Gulf of Mexico, Pan Andean receives US$5,000 a month from a Royalty Interest on the Eugene Island Block. Block High Island 30L is expected to restart production by yearend of 300 barrels of oil per day when current refurbishment of pipeline and pumping systems are completed.
- Pan Andean Makes Headway at Peruvian Ucayali Blocks (Jun 18)
- Seismic Acquisition Under Way over Block 114 in Peruvian Jungle (May 19)
- Pan Andean Commences Survey over Block 141 in Titicaca Basin (May 15)
Company: Sterling Energy more info
- Sterling Energy Chairman Retires (May 11)
- Sterling Exits Ambilobe Block, Offshore Madagascar (Apr 28)
- Sterling Withdraws from Mauritania Block (Jan 29)
Company: Phoenix Exploration more info
- Phoenix Reaches TD at Marathon Well (Aug 31)
- Phoenix Drills Ahead at Marathon Well (Jul 13)
- Hercules 204 Ready to Spin Bit at Main Pass (Apr 14)