Dune Places Two South Texas Wells on Production
Dune Energy, Inc. said Friday that it had, pursuant to its farmout agreement with Chesapeake Energy Corp., completed and placed on production two wells on its Welder Ranch property, located in Victoria County, Texas. Both wells are operated by Chesapeake. Dune was originally carried to casing point in both wells and elected to participate in both completions.
The Welder Ranch #1 has produced at an average gross rate of 1.25 Mmcfe/d (1.1 Mmcf/d plus 25 b/d) for the past four days. The Welder Ranch #2 has produced at an average gross rate of 3.6 Mmcfe/d (2.8 Mmcf/d plus 127 b/d) for the past seven days. Dune owns a 25% WI and a 17.15% NRI in the Welder Ranch #1, and a 23.72% WI and a 16.27% NRI in the Welder Ranch #2.
Houston-based Dune Energy is a rapidly growing E&P company with oil and gas exploration and development concentrated along the Louisiana/Texas Gulf Coast as well as the Fort Worth Basin Barnett Shale.
- Chesapeake To Cut Rig Count, Bring Fewer Wells To Production (Aug 03)
- Chesapeake CEO: Downturn Challenges Helped Oil, Gas Companies (Mar 07)
- Chesapeake Energy Posts Smaller Quarterly Loss (Feb 23)
Company: Dune Energy more info
- Some Bankrupt Oil and Gas Drillers Can't Give Their Assets Away (Jan 20)
- American Eagle Energy Seeks Bankruptcy After Oil Price Drop (May 11)
- Dune Energy to Sell Stakes in South Florence Field (Apr 29)