Total Wins Dutch North Sea License
Total has been awarded an exploration license for block L3, on the Dutch Continental Shelf, in the Netherlands. The block is situated 100 kilometers offshore north of Den Helder, within water depths of around 40 meters, and covers 406 square kilometers.
The license is granted for four years. The national Dutch State company EBN is expected to become a 40% partner of the project and Total, as operator, will hold the remaining 60%.
The L3 block is in the vicinity of the L4a, L7 and F15a producing blocks operated by Total.
Total looks forward to continuing its prominent role in exploration and production activities in the Netherlands, maintaining the position of the second largest hydrocarbon producer in the country.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: EBN more info
- EBN Buys into Oil Production at Dutch North Sea Block (Aug 28)
- Northern Preps Tiendeveen-1 for Testing Operations (Jan 11)
- Northern Taps 307 BCF at Geesbrug Gas Field (Jan 07)