Odim Wins FMC Subsea Contract
The contract is awarded by FMC Kongsberg Subsea and deliveries will be evenly distributed over 2007. The Odim Work Over Control System is a winch system with a specified umbilical attached to it.
A Control Umbilical connects topside equipment to subsea equipment. The number and type of umbilicals vary according to field requirements and the umbilicals may carry different chemical injection lines, hydraulic supply lines and electric cables and/or fiber optic lines.
"We find it gratifying to note that our strategy within the subsea segment is bearing fruit. ODIM is proud of our long term collaboration with FMC Kongsberg Subsea," comments Odim CEO Jogeir Romestrand.
Odim ASA is a fast-expanding Norwegian
technology company that develops and sells
advanced automated handling solutions, primarily
cable handling systems and winches for use on
offshore and naval vessels. The company occupies
a leading position in selected market segments,
such as seismic surveying and offshore supply.
Through its Odim Spectrum subsidiary in Canada,
it is also solidly rooted in the defense sector.
In addition to its established market segments,
Odim will be making a heavy commitment to the
very promising deepwater market.
- Technip Says London Still Natural HQ of TechnipFMC Despite Brexit Vote (Jun 24)
- FMC Kongsberg Secures Johan Sverdrup EPC Contract (Sep 18)
- Statoil Taps FMC Technologies for Services at Snorre (Jan 25)
Company: Odim ASA more info
- Rolls-Royce Acquires More Than 90% of ODIM Shares (Mar 30)
- Rolls-Royce Gets Green Light for ODIM Acquisition (Mar 22)
- Rolls-Royce Launches Cash Offer for Odim (Feb 26)