Maersk Oil Enters PSA Deal for Angolan Blocks
Maersk Oil Angola and partners have entered Production Sharing Agreements with Sonangol covering Blocks 8 and 23 offshore Angola. Maersk Oil is designated operator and holds a 50% working interest. Other partners in Blocks 8 and 23 are Occidental Petroleum (30%) and Sonangol (20%).
Blocks 8 and 23 cover areas of some 5,000 square kilometers each. Water depth in Block 8 is up to 500 meters while Block 23 has water depths up to 1,500 meters. Maersk Oil is already operator for activities in Block 16.
The initial exploration phase is for 4 years during which the work program comprises seismic acquisition and, later, exploration drilling.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- What Women Really Want on the Job? Ask Big Oil's Only Female CEO (Feb 23)
- Media: Cleanup Underway After Centurion Pipeline Oil Spill In Oklahoma (Feb 19)
- Occidental Petroleum Profit Matches Street Forecast; Shares Slip (Feb 13)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)