Rowan Rigs Successfully Loaded on Gavea Lifter
The jackup rigs Rowan Paris and Gilbert Rowe were successfully loaded onto the semisubmersible heavy lift barge Gavea Lifter in Pascagoula, Mississippi on October 30. The Gavea Lifter is expected to depart the Gulf of Mexico on November 1, 2006 for its 12,500-nautical mile journey to Qatar.
The 50,000 TDW barge, the world's largest semisubmersible barge, will be towed by supertugs Fairmount Sherpa and Fairmount Summit at the maximum attainable speed. Tow master is Capt. Jan Komin and the tugs will be under command of Capt. Jan Beerman and Capt. Kees de Ru.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: Fairmount Marine more info
- Fairmount Successfully Tows FPSO Petrojarl Knarr to Norway from South Korea (Sep 22)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 Jackup to Block 15-2 Offshore Vietnam (May 28)
- Fairmount Marine Tows Naga 3 to Vung Tau, Vietnam to Prepare for JVPC's Job (May 02)