Fred Olsen and KNOC in Deal for Newbuild Drillship
Fred Olsen Energy ASA (FOE) has entered into an agreement of intent with the Korean state owned oil company, Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) of South Korea, to request proposals for the construction of a jointly owned new-build ultra deepwater drillship.
FOE's wholly owned subsidiary, Dolphin Drilling Ltd., will in case of realizing the project, undertake the technical and commercial operation of the drillship. Finalization of the project including Board approval, is expected within the end of the year.
- Fred. Olsen Energy Says Lossmaking Contract Levels Persist (Feb 16)
- Norwegian Oil Drillers Call in Mediator after Wage Talks Fail (May 22)
- Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy Sees Tough Rig Market Ahead (Oct 28)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: KNOC more info
- S.Korea's KNOC Says Drops Oil Field Project in Iraq's Sangaw South (Aug 22)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
- S.Korea to Focus on Exploration as Cuts Overseas Energy Spend (Dec 04)