Santos, Petrovietnam Sign Song Hong PSC
Santos has progressed its strategy of international expansion by signing a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Corporation (Petrovietnam) for Block 101-100/04 (Block) in the Song Hong Basin, Offshore Vietnam.
Under this PSC, which was directly negotiated with Petrovietnam, Santos will operate the Block and hold a 55% participating interest whilst Singapore Petroleum Company Limited will hold the remaining 45% interest.
As part of the work commitment, the co-venturers are required to process and interpret existing seismic data, acquire and process new 3D seismic, as well as drill one exploration well within the first three years of exploration. The total term of the contract is 30 years with an exploration period of at least seven years.
"We are pleased to continue to grow our exploration interests in Vietnam," said Santos' Managing Director, Mr John Ellice-Flint.
"This follows our recent oil and gas discovery at Dua in the Nam Con Son Basin, and is consistent with our strategy of building material positions in prospective basins."
Participants in the Block are:
Santos Vietnam Pty Ltd., 55%
Singapore Petroleum Vietnam Song Hong Co Ltd., 45%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Singapore Petroleum Company more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- Keppel Completes Divestment of Entire Stake in SPC (Jun 22)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)