Stork-1 is a Duster for ConocoPhillips, Partners
ConocoPhillips Petroleum International Corporation Denmark, operator for the companies in license 4/98, has completed the exploration well Stork-1 (5604/31-1) in the Danish part of the North Sea.
Stork-1 was drilled as a slightly deviated well and reached total depth in volcanic rocks at 4880 meters TVD below mean sea level. The well encountered hydrocarbons in sandstone of Jurassic age. No production testing was performed. Results from the well will now be evaluated closely.
Stork-1 was spudded 30 August 2006 with the jack-up rig ENSCO 102 at the location 56°06'45.233" N; 04°35'24.319" E (UTM zone 31; 6 219 884.53 N; 598 881.97 E), where the water depth is 53 meters.
Companies participating in license 4/98:
--Conoco Phillips Petroleum International Corp. Denmark (operator), 25% --Saga Petroleum Danmark AS, 30% --Petro-Canada Denmark GmBH, 25% --DONG E&P A/S, 20%
Stork-1 will be plugged and abandoned. The rig ENSCO 102 will subsequently be moved to the South Arne field to drill two production wells.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: SAGA Oil ASA more info
- Saga Increases Production Through Workover Ops (Mar 13)
- Saga Names Grinod as New CEO (Jul 16)
- SAGA Seeks to Improve Production Rates with Ongoing Well Stimulation (Jul 15)