Emerald Taps CGL for Gigante Seismic Work
Emerald Energy Plc ('Emerald' or the 'Company') is pleased to announce that it has awarded the contract for the acquisition of 3D seismic at the Gigante field in the Upper Magdalene Valley in Colombia to Compania Geofisica Latinoamericana ('CGL'). Under the contract, 58 square kilometers of full fold 3D seismic will be acquired over the Gigante field. The acquisition will commence shortly and is planned to take approximately 2 months, with processing taking up to a further 4 months.
The 3D acquisition is planned to confirm Emerald's structural interpretation of the field and to assess the potential for further development, including the drilling of Gigante #2. In particular, the 3D seismic interpretation is anticipated to reduce the risk in locating any future development wells.
The Gigante field has produced 2.2 million barrels of oil from a single producing well, Gigante 1A, since commencing production in 1999.
A presentation entitled '58km2 3D seismic program, Gigante field' may be found
on the Company's website at www.emeraldenergy.com.
- Emerald Aims to Restart Colombia Oil Operations Amid Security Woes (Nov 17)
- Exploratory Well Drilling Commenced in Colombia (May 27)
- La Cortez Optimistic of Mirto Area's Potential (Apr 12)
Company: Compania Geofisica Latinoamerica (CGL) more info
- Seismic Work Complete on La Punta Block in Colombia (Jan 08)
- Emerald Taps CGL for Gigante Seismic Work (Oct 30)