CNOOC Achieves First Oil in Bohai Bay Fields
CNOOC Limited said that Caofeidian (CFD) 11-6/12-1S fields in Bohai Bay have come onstream successfully on schedule.
The unitized CFD 11-6/12-1S fields are located in 04/36 and 05/36 blocks in Bohai Bay, with average water depth of 22-30 meters. The development facilities of CFD 11-6/12-1S fields include three wellhead platforms, two of which are unmanned satellite platforms.
To optimize the operations efficiency, the fields share part of production facilities with the fields CFD 11-1/11-2. The crude oil produced from the fields will be transported through a 13-kilometer sub-sea pipeline to the Hai Yang Shi You 112 floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO).
By the end of October, 10 wells are expected to be brought online with total production of 15,000 barrels of oil per day. Peak production of the fields is expected to reach approximately 6,000,000 barrels of oil per year.
Mr. Liu Jian, Executive Vice President of the Company said, "We congratulate the successful commencement of CFD 11-6/12-1S fields. It's resulted from the joint efforts of CNOOC Ltd. and our partners. Startup of new fields will continue to consolidate our production growth in the short and long term."
CNOOC Ltd. holds 51% interests of the fields. Anadarko holds 29.18% interests and acts as the Operator. Newfield Exploration Company and a subsidiary of Ultra Petroleum, own the remaining 12% and 7.82% respectively.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
- Storm Gordon Halts Some Energy Production In US Gulf (Sep 04)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Uganda's National Oil Firm, China's CNOOC Sign Exploration Deal (Sep 06)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
Company: Ultra Petroleum more info
- Houston Court Cuts into Delaware's Bankruptcy Business (May 11)
- Midstates Petroleum, Ultra File for Bankruptcy Amid Weak Oil Price (May 02)
- Oil Boom Built on Junk Debt Sees $19B Default Wave (Mar 11)