Aker Yards to Build Four AHTS Vessels for Farstad Shipping
Aker Yards has entered into a contract with Farstad Shipping ASA for building of four AHTS Vessels with a value of approx NOK 2.1 billion.
The vessels to be built are 87.4 m x 21 m Multifunctional Deep Water Anchor Handling/Tug/Supply/Service Vessels, based on the Rolls-Royce design; UT 731 CD. The Vessels are scheduled for delivery from Aker Yards, Langsten in the second and third quarter of 2009, and the first and second quarter of 2010. The vessels will also be equipped to perform ROV services through a dedicated ROV hangar. The vessels will have a Bollard Pull of 230 tons, and will be outfitted with all equipment necessary to support the most challenging operations and environments world wide.
Including this contract Aker Yards have delivered and under construction a total of 25 vessels for Farstad Shipping ASA.
Mr. Roy Reite, responsible for the Offshore & Specialized Vessels business area in Aker Yards, states in a comment: "This contract confirms our long and good relationship both with Farstad Shipping ASA, and Rolls-Royce".
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Farstad Shipping Sells AHTS Lady Sandra (Sep 27)
- Farstad Consolidates Australian Ops in Perth, Cuts 35 Jobs (Sep 21)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)