Aker Kvaerner Awarded Brazilian Deepwater Drilling Riser Trio
Aker Kvaerner has been awarded contracts to supply three subsea drilling riser systems, featuring Aker Kvaerner's innovative CLIP riser system, to Brazilian drilling company Queiroz Galvao Oleo e Gas S.A. The contracts have a value of approximately US $80 million.
The scope of work comprises three drilling riser systems, including tools and flotation, designed for use in 700 meters, 2000 meters and 2400 meters water depth, respectively. Deliveries of the risers will be completed from Aker Kvaerner's new state-of-the-art facility in Rio das Ostras, Brazil, for delivery within the next 17 to 30 months.
The drilling risers will be installed in three different rigs. Two of the rigs will operate throughout the Brazilian offshore coast serving long term contracts between Queiroz Galvao and Brazil's national oil company Petrobras. The third is analyzing opportunities to work either in Brazil or internationally.
"These awards represent another major milestone for Aker Kvaerner's risers business, As the first company to manufacture drilling risers in Brazil, Aker Kvaerner is supporting the development of Rio de Janeiro state industry and reinforcing its established position of strong supplier of subsea equipment in Brazil," says Raymond Carlsen, Executive Vice President Aker Kvaerner.
The agreements are signed between the Aker Kvaerner Subsea division of Aker Kvaerner Oil and Gas Brasil Ltda, Aker Kvaerner Subsea AS and the Queiroz Galvao Group.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)