Statoil Gets Okay for Sleipner Exploration
Statoil ASA has received consent for exploration drilling of well 16/4-4 using the semisub, West Epsilon from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway.
Well 16/4-4 is part of production license 339 and is located northeast of Sleipner Ost. Water depths at this site are 91 meters.
The drilling activity is expected to take 30 days. After the drilling is completed, the well will be permanently plugged.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)