NPD Okays Total's Exploration Permit for Well 6406/8-2
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has given Total E & P Norge AS a drilling permit for well bore 6406/8-2. The well will be drilled by Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Vanguard.
The drilling program for wellbore 6408/8-2 concerns drilling of an exploration well in Production License 323. Total is operator with 40 percent ownership, while ENI, Shell and Statoil are licensees with 20 percent each.
The acreage in this permit consists of the two blocks 6408/7 and – 8, which are located about 45 km northwest of the Njord field in southern part of the Norwegian Sea. Production License 323 was allocated in the 18th round in 2004. This is second well to be drilled in these blocks.
Ocean Vanguard has recently completed a drilling project on the Draugen field for Shell in the southern section of the Norwegian Sea.
The drilling permit is given on the condition that the other permits and consents required by the authorities have been received before the drilling activity is started.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)