Cliff Head Production to Resume Next Week
Roc Oil says that the cause of the electrical fault which resulted in a temporary shut-in of production at the Cliff Head offshore platform earlier this week, has been identified and is being remedied. Production is expected to resume during the course of next week.
Participants in Cliff Head are Roc Oil as operator with 37.5%; AWE with 27.5%; Wandoo Petroleum with 24%; ARC with 6% and Cieco Exploration with 5%.
In 2001, Roc's first well drilled in Western Australia discovered the Cliff Head Oil Field, the first commercial oil discovery in the offshore Perth Basin. The field has established the offshore Perth Basin as Australia's fourth offshore oil producing region, after the Bass Strait, the North West Shelf and the Timor Sea.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)
Company: CIECO Exploration & Production more info
- Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project (Jun 24)
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)