Weatherford Solid Expandables Reaches Monobore Milestone
Weatherford International has achieved an important fourth milestone of the monobore solid expandable technology collaborative agreement with BP. Using Weatherford's 7-5/8" x 9-5/8" MetalSkin open-hole liner system, 1,035 feet of 7-5/8" expandable casing was successfully expanded extending the 9-5/8" 53.5 lb/ft casing string in one of BP's U.S. assets. This was the fourth successful installation of Weatherford's latest version of the MetalSkin open-hole liner system of this size. The product line now covers the full range of 5-1/2" to 7", 7-5/8" to 9-5/8" and 11-3/4" to 13-3/8".
The design incorporates several key attributes to significantly lower operating risks commonly associated with using solid expandable well construction technology.
Key features include seamless metal to metal expandable connections and a system to minimize contingency mechanisms for continuation of expansion in case of loss of pressure.
The final phase of this technology collaboration agreement is scheduled to be completed in the first quarter of 2007, with the downhole expansion of Weatherford's high collapse monobore open-hole liner system.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Weatherford International more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)